Saturday, January 17, 2009

A profound thought

I read a profound thought yesterday, from Paulo Coelho's excellent blog. I encourage you to visit his site, www.paulocoelhoblog.com, but if you don't, here it is:


A reader asked:

We know your messages from your books, but can you summarize with your own words, what’s are the most important things of a human life ?

Not to be paralysed by fear in the path of our dreams.

That is the key, isn't it? I know that my lack of successes are not a result of trial and failure, but paralysis. We are inspired by bold action; our movie heroes and their fearless adventures through trials that would freeze most of us like a rabbit with its ears back. We are inspired, but do we move? Do we leave the theatre thinking, I will ask for a raise (or quit my job); I will apply for that transfer; I will ask for extra sauce on my burger; I will ask that girl out (or to marry me).

That is my question to you: Do you ask? Or do you slide back into the wagon rut and wait for the sequel? What inspires you to take action?

No comments: